There is a lot of value in learning from those who came before you. In all of the information that you find online regarding how to effectively implement SEO, some of the best insight you’ll find is what others are doing wrong. Even beyond the endless articles and blogs dedicated to the big “don’t’s” of search engine optimization, you can visit the websites of your competitors and even just do a little investigating in other industries to see where their campaigns may be lacking.
Take notes. Pay careful attention to the details. Look at things through the eyes of the end-user and think about what they want and expect from their interaction. See if the sites measure up. Consider what you’d do differently. This not only helps you see how you can do better by seeing where others fall short. It also gives you the chance to get more comfortable in figuring out how to make SEO work for your Powersports business by comparing what others are doing.
When you’re checking out how others are handling their Powersports SEO, consider things like:
- Are they following the best practices for dealership optimization if they are a dealer?
- What does their off-page presence look like? Do they have social media pages and how well are they optimized?
- Are your competitors taking advantage of local SEO? If you’re a dealership, you want local traffic, so make sure that’s on your agenda.
- How are keywords being used? Are they implemented properly and not awkwardly used?
- What about their URLs? You always want to optimize your URLs so that they are easily searched, easily remembered, and relevant to the page.
Most Common Mistakes
The most common mistakes with search engine optimization usually happen because people think that they can take on the process all on their own. This couldn’t be further from the truth, however. Despite how much information is available to help you learn about the process, you still want to rely on the professionals to do the actual work. When you’re doing your own investigating to see how others are executing their campaigns, you’ll be quick to notice those who have chosen to attempt to do the work themselves.
Hire a team of professionals to assist you with setting up the best search engine optimization efforts for your website, off-page content, and overall brand reputation and bottom line. You’ll start by avoiding one of the biggest mistakes this way, setting you up for success.